Contractor of Choice – Mladen Buntich Construction Co. was contracted by Metropolitan Water District. The Critical Waterline Rehabilitation Project rehabilitated a 12-foot high pressure waterline that services millions of Southern California residents.
This project was the first of its kind. It was a critical demonstration project for the client to determine how they will proceed with the rehabilitation of other parts of the asset. Buntich crews were well positioned due to the unique fleet of equipment that has been developed in the trenchless industry for over 2 decades that is second to none.
Additional Features Include:
- Access shaft installation with use of trench shields, drilled soldier beams and steel plates
- Removal of existing failed cement mortar coatings
- Placement of new epoxy coating
- Waterline chlorination & bacteria testing
- Man-way installation
- Site restoration and rehabilitation including AC pavement and hardscaping